Northwest Cardiovascular Associates, S.C.
880 W. Central Rd.
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
|Michael R. Bauer, M.D., FACC|
Dr. Bauer completed undergraduate work at University of Illinois and received his medical degree from University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford. Dr. Bauer completed his residency and fellowship at Rush Presbyterian-St. Luke's Hospital in Chicago. He joined Northwest Cardiovascular in 1996.
He is board certified in internal medicine and cardiovascular disease. His professional interests include non-invasive cardiology. Additionally, Dr. Bauer is nationally certified in both echocardiography and nuclear cardiology.
Dr. Bauer and his wife live in the Northwest Suburbs. He is the proud parent of three children. He is an avid Cubs and Fighting Illini fan. In his spare time he enjoys tennis, music and biking.
- University of Illinois, Urbana - B.S., Chemistry
- University of Illinois College of Medicine, Rockford – Medical degree
Residency and Fellowship
- Rush Presbyterian - St. Luke's Medical Center - Internal Medicine
- Rush Presbyterian - St. Luke's Medical Center - Cardiology
Licensure and Board Certification
- Illinois State License
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
- Diplomate, Nuclear Cardiology
- Testamur, Adult Echocardiography
- National Board of Echocardiography
- Northwest Community Hospital
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Academic and ADMINISTRATIVE Appointments
- Clinical Assistant Professor - Finch University of Health Sciences, Chicago Medical School
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- American Society of Echocardiography
- Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography