Northwest Cardiovascular Associates, S.C.
880 W. Central Rd.
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
|Roger G. Nissen, M.D., FACC|
Dr. Nissen was born and raised in Oak Park, Illinois. He attended Loyola University for both undergraduate and medical school. He completed residency and fellowship at Mayo Graduate School of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester. Doctors Nissen & Sethi started in practice together in l979. Dr. Nissen is board certified in internal medicine, cardiology and interventional cardiology. He served as Chief of Cardiology at Northwest Community Hospital and is a past medical staff president.
Dr. Nissen was a general medical officer in the US Army Medical Corps from 1971 to 1973. He is married with six children and two grandchildren.
His interests include tennis, trains, automobiles and fine wines.
- Loyola University of Chicago, Pre-med program
- Loyola University School of Medicine – Medical degree
Residency and Fellowship
- Mercy Hospital & Medical Center, Chicago - Cardiology Resident
- Mayo Graduate School of Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Mayo Graduate School of Medicine - Cardiology Fellowship
Licensure and Board Certification
- Illinois State License
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology
- Northwest Community Hospital
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Academic and ADMINISTRATIVE Appointments
- 1991 - 1996: Director, Pacemaker & Arrhythmia Surveillance Clinic, Northwest Community Hospital
- 1997 - 1998: President, Medical Staff, Northwest Community Hospital
- 2001 - 2003: Chief, Department of Cardiology, Northwest Community Hospital
- 1983 - Present: Medical Director, Northwest Cardiac Rehabilitation Center, William Rainey Harper College, Palatine, Illinois
- Clinical Assistant Professor - Finch University of Health Sciences, Chicago Medical School
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Mayo Clinic Alumni Association